The Aged Care Complaints is for anyone to raise their concerns about the quality of care or services being delivered to people receiving aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government.

Services provided

  • Examine complaints relating to care, catering, financial matters, hygiene, equipment, security, discrimination, activities, choice, comfort and safety or other matters related to the responsibilities of a service provider 
  • Help resolve complaints between you and the service provider 


Available to anyone receiving aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government

How to access

Visit My Aged Care complaints to find more information and contact details.

Call My Aged Care to discuss your concerns and ask for their help. If your concern is not resolved on the call, you will be given a complaint reference number to track the progress of your complaint. Use this reference number for any future communication with My Aged Care. 

Contact options for lodging a complaint:

Phone: 1800 200 422 (Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturdays: 10am - 2pm)
Online: Contact us tool
Fax: 1800 728 174
Post: My Aged Care Complaints, PO Box 1237, Runaway Bay, QLD 4216

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.

The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:

  • TTY users, call 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 550 552
  • Speak and Listen users, call 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 550 552
  • Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 1800 550 552.


Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
Saturdays: 10am - 2pm


Calls to the My Aged Care Complaints are charged at the cost of a local call.

Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.

The My Aged Care Complaints is a free service.