The Aged Care Complaints Scheme is for anyone to raise their concerns about the quality of care or services being delivered to people receiving aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government.
- Examine complaints relating to care, catering, financial matters, hygiene, equipment, security, discrimination, activities, choice, comfort and safety or other matters related to the responsibilities of a service provider
- Help resolve complaints between you and the service provider
Available to anyone receiving aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government
How to access
Call 1800 550 552
Visit Aged Care Complaints to find more information and contact details
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 550 552
- Speak and Listen users, call 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 550 552
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 1800 550 552.
Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
Calls to the Aged Care Complaints Scheme are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
The Aged Care Complaints Scheme is a free service.