Young Carers provides information, services, support, counselling and advice for children and young people (up to the age of 25) who help care for a family member with an illness, a disability, a mental health issue or an alcohol or other drug problem. Young Carers is part of Carers Australia.
- Telephone helpline
- Services and support
- Online advice for:
- Kids under 12
- Teens (13–18 years)
- Young adults (19–26 years)
- Parents and professionals
- Respite care (organising a break from caring)
Australian residents, aged up to 25 years, who help care for someone
How to access
Call 1800 242 636
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users: phone 13 36 77, then ask for 1800 242 636
- Speak and listen users (speech-to-speech relay): phone 13 36 77, then ask for 1800 242 636
- Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service, then ask for 1800 242 636.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is available, 24 hours 7 days a week, for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Monday to Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Young Carers is a free service.
Calls are free from landlines.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.