Travellers Aid provides services to help people who are travelling. It provides travel-related aid and support, helps people to travel independently and confidently, and to arrive at their destination safely.
- Emergency relief
- Buggy, wheelchair and personal guidance services (Southern Cross Station; buggy and personal guidance services also offered at Seymour Station)
- Internet access
- Medical Companion Service
- Mobility equipment hire – including electric scooters, manual wheelchairs, prams and strollers, walking canes, frames and sticks, forearm crutches and ID symbol canes (Flinders Street and Southern Cross stations)
- Pathways to Education – student travel pass financial assistance for young people experiencing financial difficulties
- Transport and travel information
- Breast-feeding room and baby-change facilities
- Bathroom facilities with adult change tables and ceiling hoists
- Travellers lounge
- Travellers Aid Access Service – which can provide meal assistance, personal care, communication assistance, fully accessible bathroom facilities, wheelchair and scooter charging facilities, accessible internet services with JAWS software (Flinders Street and Southern Cross stations)
Any person who is travelling into, out of or around Melbourne.
Emergency relief is available to travellers who are disadvantaged, stranded, vulnerable, distressed, homeless, at risk of homelessness or who face unexpected emergency situations.
How to access
Call (03) 9654 2600 (Head Office)
Call (03) 9670 2072 (Southern Cross Station)
Call (03) 9610 2030 (Flinders Street Station)
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users: phone 13 36 77, then ask for (03) 9654 2600
- Speak and listen users (speech-to-speech relay): phone 1300 555 727, then ask for (03) 9654 2600
- Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service, then ask for (03) 9654 2600.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is available, 24 hours 7 days a week, for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Head Office: Monday to Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Southern Cross Station: 6.30 am - 9.30 pm, 7 days a week
Southern Cross Station Travellers Aid Access Service:
Monday to Friday, 11 am - 5 pm;
Saturday and Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm
Flinders Street Station: 8.00 am - 8.00 pm, 7 days a week, including Travellers Aid Access Service
The following Travellers Aid services are free:
- Buggy transport, manual wheelchair access and personal guidance at Southern Cross Station
- Travellers Aid Access Service
- Medical Companion Service
For a full price list of other services, including mobility equipment hire, internet access and printing services, showers and rest room services, beverages and luggage storage services.
For a tourist facilities price list.
Calls are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.