MoneyHelp provides a telephone financial counselling service and online financial information and advice to help people in Victoria who are experiencing financial difficulty or debt.
- Money management helpline/financial counselling service
- Financial tools and tips for subjects including
- Debt relief and management
- Financial counselling
- Fines in Victoria
- Housing costs
- Losing your job
- Hardship programs
- Mortgage help
- Centrelink payments
- Budget planner
Available to anyone in Victoria who has debt problems or is experiencing financial difficulty
How to access
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call , then ask for MoneyHelp on 1800 007 007
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for MoneyHelp on 1800 007 007
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for MoneyHelp on 1800 007 007.
There is an interpreting service for callers who speak other languages.
The Money Help financial counselling service, and online resources, are free.
Calls to the 1800 number are free for Victorians.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- MoneyHelp phone counsellors are non-judgmental and offer confidential, independent and free advice.
- MoneyHelp is also available to help organisations, services and businesses that:
- work with Victorians experiencing financial difficulty
- are considering reducing workers’ hours
- are about to retrench workers
- are aware of an employee experiencing financial difficulty.
- If you are struggling with debt and financial problems, seek help early so that you are well informed about your options, and to prevent your options becoming limited.
- Don’t feel embarrassed to ask for help – money problems can happen to anyone.
For crisis counselling, call:
- beyondblue 1300 22 4636
- MensLine 1300 78 99 78
- WIRE (Women’s Information and Referral Exchange) 1300 134 130