The Continence Helpline is a free telephone advice service. It is staffed by continence nurses who can provide information, education and advice to callers with incontinence (bladder or bowel control problems), or to people who are caring for someone with incontinence.
- Continence advice
- Continence education
- Continence information
- Incontinence assessment and diagnosis
- Incontinence treatment options
- Incontinence management advice, including product information
- Details of local continence service providers, product suppliers and product manufacturers
- Details of related funding schemes such as the Australian Government's Continence Aids Payment Scheme
- Access to a wide range of free information brochures, including brochures in languages other than English
Available to anyone in Australia
How to access
Call (toll free) 1800 33 00 66
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 33 00 66
- Speak and Listen users, call 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 33 00 66
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service (https://internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au/), then ask for 1800 33 00 66.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Monday to Friday, 8 am – 8 pm
The Continence Helpline is a free service.
Calls are free from landlines.