The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement (ACGB) provides statewide specialist bereavement services throughout Victoria for individuals and families who need help after the death of someone close to them.
The service provides a range of bereavement support programs for both children and adults, including face to face counselling and support groups. Telephone or online counselling (by appointment) is also available to clients in more remote areas.
ACGB also runs a Kids Grieve Too support group program designed for children aged from six to 14 years who have experienced the death of someone significant in their lives.
- Grief and bereavement counselling and support groups
- Information about bereavement counselling and support services
- Referral to bereavement counselling and support services
- Bereavement support programs
Available to anyone in Victoria
How to access
Call (toll free) 1800 642 066
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 642 066
- Speak and listen users, call 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 642 066
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service (https://internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au/), then ask for 1800 642 066.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm.
Calls are free from landlines.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.