You probably noticed that our site looks a lot different. But this is just one of the many changes we’ve made so that you can find the health and wellbeing information you want when you need it.
Our new site is designed with our mobile and tablet users in mind, so you’ll find the Better Health Channel now works just as well when you are not at your PC, no matter what device you are using.
We have also made navigating the site easier and clearer. If you’re looking for a particular topic, just use the search box at the top of each page. If you want to browse the site or find all the information on a particular theme, the navigation bar along the top of the page is your gateway to our Conditions and treatments, Healthy living, and Services and support collections. You can also find A-Z listings of our main collections and links to our most popular fact sheets here.
The footer at the bottom of the page can also help you explore and discover the site. It also provides links to our social media accounts so you can follow us and keep up to date with all the latest Better Health Channel news, events, campaigns and alerts.
Based on your feedback, we have not only updated our existing content, we have also created a whole lot of useful new content. This includes:
- more videos on health and wellbeing topics
- a new Healthy Pantry feature, containing nutrition information, buying guides and cooking ideas for a range of fresh ingredients
- new information about Services and support, designed to help you understand the Victorian health system and learn how to access the services and support you need, such as Hospitals, Mental health services, Aged care services and Emergency, Crisis and Support services, Disability services, Pregnancy, birth and maternal services, Alcohol and drug services and Children, family and relationships services.
- a new pain section, with information on understanding, managing and treating pain and related conditions
- profiles on hundreds of medical and health-related professions, including how services can be accessed, medicare and subsidies information, qualifications and an overview of services provided.
- My Health Life – a new section where you can record, monitor and manage your health and wellbeing.
- New content types and features, including blogs.
But this is only just the beginning. Over the next months, you will see the Better Health Channel continue to change and grow as we deliver more new features, more new content and an even better user experience.
Here’s a quick look at just some of the great things that we have planned for the Better Health Channel over the next year:
- New Healthy living content designed to help you understand how you can make simple healthy lifestyle changes and inspire you to take the first steps to achieving your health goals.
- New content types and features, including infographics, personal stories and feature articles.
Want to be involved?
We’ve listened to what our users want from the Better Health Channel and made some big changes, so we’d love to hear what you think of our new website and any suggestions that you may have for further improvement, features or content. Please also let us know if we've missed something along the way – if you can’t find what you’re looking for, spot an error, or find a link that doesn’t work.
You can let us know by using the feedback tab on the page, or via our Contact us page.