Hitwise award. Australia’s most trusted health websites has scooped a major national popularity award proving that quality health information still matters.
||The Better Health Channel is one of Australia’s most trusted health websites. Over the years, a number of major popularity awards have proved that quality health information still matters. An established website with a reputation for quality-assured, comprehensive and trustworthy information, the Better Health Channel is one of the most visited health and medical websites in Australia.|
This award-winning Victorian Government site has outclassed major commercial health websites to regularly be voted number one health and medical information website in Australia. The site has no advertising or sponsorship and is fully funded by the State Government of Victoria (Australia).
BHC awards – a selectionBetter Health Channel has received many awards over the years. These include:
- 2012 Australian Mobile Awards - Winner in the medical category for iPhone and iPad app.
- Experian Hitwise Online Performance Award 2010 – No. 1 Health and Medical Information and Victorian Government website in Australia
- Experian Hitwise Online Performance Award 2009 – No.1 Health and Medical Information Website in Australia
- Hitwise Online Performance Award* 2009 January to June – No. 1 Health and Medical Website in Australia
- Hitwise Online Performance Award 2008 – No. 1 Health and Medical Website in Australia
- Hitwise Online Performance Award 2007 – No. 1 Victorian Government Website
- NetGuide Web Award 2006 – Best Health and Fitness website
- Hitwise Online Performance Award 2005 – No. 1 Health and Medical Information Website in Australia.
Our users vote with their clicksThese awards show that good quality health information is very much in demand. People are increasingly turning to the Internet to supplement advice from their doctor or health professional. Whether they’ve gone online to get additional information or make sense of something they’ve been told, people are looking for information they can trust, from a site that isn’t trying to sell them anything.
The online health market has changed enormously since the Better Health Channel was first launched in 1999. The number of health and medical information websites has quadrupled over the past four years as our voracious appetite for health-related information expands, proving that people want information that’s reliable, accurate and independent.