Curry - potato, pea and cauliflower
Recipe highlights Serves: 4
- Good source of fibre, folate
- Suitable to microwave
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Low salt
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
1 teaspoon chilli paste
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 green apple, cored and chopped
500 g potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup shelled peas, fresh
100 ml coconut milk
350 ml reduced salt vegetable or chicken stock, (1 cup)
1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
Pepper and salt, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook onion, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, chilli paste, and coriander together until onion is soft and the mixture is fragrant - about 2 minutes.
2. Add the apple, potato, peas, coconut milk and stock.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower and simmer for a further 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
Notes: Season to taste, sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and serve with cooked rice.
For vegetarians, use vegetable stock rather than chicken stock.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Potato, pea and cauliflower curry
Recipe publication date on: 11/27/2002
Last reviewed on: 04/07/2013