Chicken with spicy vegetables
Recipe highlights Serves: 2
- Good source of folate
- Suitable to microwave
- Suitable to freeze
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Nut free
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 2 chicken, thighs (skin and fat removed), diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon oil, (canola, sunflower, soybean or olive oil)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
2 tomatoes, diced
1 stick celery, diced
1/2 capsicum, red, diced
1/2 teaspoon sugar, brown
pinch curry powder
2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
2 teaspoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt reduced soy sauce (gluten free)
1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely julienned (cut into fine strips)
1 small carrot, finely julienned
1/4 cucumber, finely julienned
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry onion and chicken over moderate heat until golden.
2. After approx 5 minutes, reduce heat,add remaining ingredients and simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened. (add more water if needed).
3. Serve with cucumber, carrot and lemon garnish.
Notes: If you are preparing food for people on a gluten-free diet, always check the ingredients on all food labels, especially any prepared items like sauces.
Serve with rice and a green salad.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
Source: Recipe developed and tested by Andrew Blake, 2006.
This recipe was orginally published as:
Quick spicy chicken.
Recipe publication date on: 11/14/2006
Last reviewed on: 27/11/2012