Quick vegie stir-fry with hokkien noodles
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 stem of broccoli or 1 bunch broccolini, chopped into even chunks
1/2 cup beans, halved
1 red capsicum, chopped into even chunks
1/2 cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
1/2 bunch baby bok choy
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
1 teaspoon reduced-salt oyster sauce
200 g hokkien noodles
1. Chop all the vegetables.
2. In a wok, add the carrot, chili and a splash of water, cook for 1 minute or until the carrot becomes tender. Add broccoli and beans and cook for a further 1 minute. Meanwhile, boil the kettle.
3. Add all other vegetables, soy and oyster sauce to the wok and stir. Put hokkien noodles in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water, cover and stand for 2 minutes.
3. Drain water and add noodles to the wok. Stir until the noodles are coated with the sauce and vegetables are cooked.
Notes: You can substitute any vegetables.
|Average quantity per serving||Average quantity per 100g|
|Total fat (g)||0.01||0.54|
|Saturated fat (g)||>0.00||>0.05|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||>0.00||>0.09|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||>0.00||>0.05|
|Dietary fibre (g)||0.07||3.34|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)||0.03||1.60|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.50||74.94|
|Total folate (ug)||>1.25||>62.74|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)||3.29||164.37|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)||19.65||982.73|
Recipe publication date on: 12/13/2007
Last reviewed on: 20/11/2012