Further information related to this fact sheet: Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Related information on Better Health Channel
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Is PMDD real? American Psychological Association. More information here.
- Premenstrual syndrome, Mayo Clinic. More information here.
- Brown J, O' Brien PM, Marjoribanks J, Wyatt K, 2009, ‘Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for premenstrual syndrome’, Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews. Apr 15;(2):CD001396. More information here.
- Lopez LM, Kaptein AA, Helmerhorst FM, 2009, ‘Oral contraceptives containing drospirenone for premenstrual syndrome’, Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews. Apr 15;(2):CD006586. More information here.
- Yonkers KA, O’Brien PM, Eriksson E, 2008, ‘Premenstrual syndrome’, The Lancet, vol. 371, pp. 1200–1210. More information here.
- It’s confirmed – the link between eating and PMS, The University of Adelaide. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.