Further information related to this fact sheet: Staphylococcus aureus - golden staph.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Antibacterial cleaning products.
- Antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Handwashing - why it's important.
- Impetigo - school sores.
- Infections - bacterial and viral.
- Infections in hospital - reduce the risk.
Related information on other website
References used for this fact sheet
- Staphylococcal infections, Infectious Diseases Epidemiology and Surveillance Blue Book, Department of Health, Victorian Government. More information here.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Government. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.