Further information related to this fact sheet: Smoking and heart disease.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Early death - how to reduce your risk.
- Heart disease - risk factors.
- Smoking - quitting tips.
- Smoking - the financial cost.
- Smoking and eye disease.
- Smoking tobacco is deadly.
- Stroke - risk factors and prevention.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Tobacco fact sheets, Quit Victoria, More information here.
- Begg S, Vos T, Barker B et al, 2007, The burden of disease and injury in Australia 2003, PHE 82, Canberra, AIHW More information here.
- Smoke free, Heart Foundation of Australia. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.