Further information related to this fact sheet: Running and jogging - health benefits.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Exercise - everyday activities.
- Exercise safety.
- Orienteering - preventing injury.
- Physical activity - choosing the one for you.
- Physical activity - it's important.
- Physical activity - men.
- Physical activity - overcoming the barriers.
- Physical activity - setting yourself goals.
- Physical activity - women.
- Running and jogging - preventing injury.
- Sporting performance and food.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Preventing Running Injuries (337kb, pdf), Smartplay. More information here.
- 'Clinicians prescribing exercise: Is air pollution a hazard?', in The Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 182, no. 12, pp. 606–607. More information here.
- Running the race against injuries: a review of the literature, Monash University Accident Research Centre. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.