Further information related to this fact sheet: Smoking - quitting tips.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Smoking - effects on your body.
- Smoking - the financial cost.
- Smoking and eye disease.
- Smoking and heart disease.
- Smoking statistics.
- Smoking tobacco is deadly.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- 2010 National Drug Strategy Household Survey report, 2011, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Drug Statistics Series no. 25. More information here.
- Brennan E, Durkin S, Wakefield M & Dunlop S, 2007, Victorian current and former smokers’ quitting activity, and the impact of cessation aids, services and anti-smoking campaigns, CBRC Research Paper Series no. 29, Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, The Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Ellerman A, Ford C and Stillman S, 2008, ‘Chapter 7. Smoking cessation’, Tobacco in Australia: Facts and Issues, MM Scollo and MH Winstanley, Editors, Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update, 2008, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, US Department of Health and Human Services. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.