Further information related to this fact sheet: Peyronie's disease.
Related information on Better Health Channel
Related information on other websites
Peyronie's disease, Impotence Australia.
Peyronie's disease, Mayo Clinic.
Peyronie's disease, National Kidney and Urologic Information Clearinghouse US.
Peyronie's disease, The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy.
References used for this fact sheet
- Ralph D, Gonzalez-Cadavid N, Mirone V et al., 2010, ‘The management of Peyronie’s disease: Evidence-based 2010 guidelines’, Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 2359–2374. More information here.
- Abern MR, Larsen S, Levine LA, 2012, ‘Combination of penile traction, intralesional verapamil and oral therapies for Peyronie’s disease’, Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 9, no. 3, p. 945. More information here.
- Moskovic DJ, Alex B, Choi JM et al., 2011, ‘Defining predictors of response to intralesional verapamil injection therapy for Peyronie’s disease’, British Journal of Urology International, vol. 108, no. 9, pp. 1485–1489. More information here.
- Casaba A, Bechara A, Cheliz G et al., 2011, ‘Risk factors for Peyronie’s disease. What does our clinical experience show?’ Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. pp. 518–23 More information here.
- Serefoglu EC, Hellstrom WJ, 2012, ‘Treatment of Peyronie’s disease: 2012 update’, Current Urology Reports, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 444–452. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.