Further information related to this fact sheet: Mumps.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Immunisation - childhood.
- Immunisation - facts and misconceptions.
- Infections - bacterial and viral.
- Whooping cough.
Related information on other websites
Immunise Australia Program, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
Communicable Disease Prevention and Control Unit, Department of Health Victoria.
Victorian Government – Infectious diseases, in your language.
References used for this fact sheet
- Measles, mumps and rubella, Victorian Government Health Information. More information here.
- Common reactions to vaccines, Department of Human Services, State Government of Victoria. More information here.
- Australian Immunisation Handbook – 9th Edition 2008, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- Immunise Australia Program Mumps, Immunise Australia Program, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. More information here.
- Mumps, Mayo Clinic US. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.