Further information related to this fact sheet: Lunch box tips.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Children's diet - fruit and vegetables.
- Eating tips for children (4) - preschoolers.
- Eating tips for children (5) - primary school.
- Healthy eating - school lunches.
- Healthy eating tips.
- Lunch boxes - healthy ideas for school lunches.
Related information on other websites
The Children's Hospital at Westmead.
Nutrition - Public Health, Department of Health Victoria.
Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy.
A Healthy and Active Australia - Australian Government.
Dietitians Association of Australia.
References used for this fact sheet
- National Healthy School Canteens Project, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- Healthy lunch boxes for children, Department of Health Victoria. Prepared by the Nutrition Department of the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. 2008
- Anaphylaxis, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Victorian Government. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.