Further information related to this fact sheet: Hepatitis B.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Hepatitis A.
- Hepatitis B - immunisation.
- Hepatitis C.
- Infections - bacterial and viral.
- Sexually transmissible infections - signs and symptoms.
Related information on other websites
Victorian Government Health Information - Immunisation.
Immunise Australia Program.
Australian Red Cross Blood Service - Transfusion Medicine Services.
Victorian Government - Infectious diseases, in your language.
References used for this fact sheet
- Australian Immunisation Handbook – 9th Edition, 2008, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- Common reactions to vaccines, Department of Health Victoria, Victorian Government. More information here.
- Criteria for use of government vaccine, Department of Health, Victorian Government. More information here.
- National Hepatitis B Testing Policy 2012, NRL, More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.