Further information related to this fact sheet: Health checks for women.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Blood count.
- Blood pressure.
- Body mass index (BMI).
- Bone density testing.
- Bowel cancer.
- Breast awareness.
- Dental treatment.
- Eye care - optometrists.
- Eye care - orthoptists.
- Pap tests.
- Skin cancer - prevention and early detection.
References used for this fact sheet
- Guidelines for Preventive Activities in General Practice (the red book) 8th edition, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. More information here.
- Antenatal screening, RCPA Manual, The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. More information here.
- Breast cancer, Cancer Council Australia. More information here.
- Recommendations for screening for specific cancers: guidelines for general practitioners, Cancer Council WA. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.