Further information related to this fact sheet: Health checks for women.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Blood count.
- Blood pressure.
- Body mass index (BMI).
- Bone density testing.
- Bowel cancer.
- Breast awareness.
- Dental treatment.
- Eye care - optometrists.
- Eye care - orthoptists.
- Pap tests.
- Skin cancer.
References used for this fact sheet
- Guidelines for Preventive Activities in General Practice (the red book) 8th edition, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. More information here
- Antenatal screening, RCPA Manual, The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. More information here
- Breast cancer, Cancer Council Australia. More information here.
- Recommendations for screening for specific cancers: guidelines for general practitioners, Cancer Council WA. More information here
- Australian guidelines for reducing health risks associated with drinking alcohol, 2009, National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC). More information here
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.