Further information related to this fact sheet: Genes and genetics.
Related information on Better Health Channel
Related information on other websites
Victorian Clinical Genetics Services.
Genetic Support Network of Victoria.
Centre for Genetics Education, NSW Government
Australian Academy of Science – The Human Genome Project: discovering the human blueprint.
References used for this fact sheet
- Changes to chromosomes – number, size and structure (fact sheet 6), Centre for Genetics Education, NSW Health. More information here.
- When parents are relatives – consanguinity (fact sheet 16), Centre for Genetics Education, NSW Health. More information here.
- Online Mendelian inheritance in man (OMIM), McKusick-Nathans Institute for Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine (Bethesda, MD). More information here. [Accessed June 2011].
- Learn genetics: basics, Genetic Science Learning Centre, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah, USA. More information here.
- General information: heredity, The Gene School. Available at: ThinkQuest Internet Challenge Library online, ThinkQuest Program, USA. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.