Further information related to this fact sheet: Gardening for children.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Children - getting them active.
- Exercise - everyday activities.
- Gardening - people with disabilities.
- Gardening safety.
- Gardens for the senses.
- Physical activity - it's important.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- KinderGarden, Department of Horticultural Sciences, Texas A&M University, USA. More information here.
- Parents’ primer, KidsGardening, National Gardening Association, USA. More information here.
- Education at the Ian Potter Foundation Children's Garden, Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, Australia. More information here.
- Nutrition in the garden, Department of Horticultural Sciences, Texas A&M University, USA. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.