Further information related to this fact sheet: Climate change and health.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Climate change - what you can do.
- Environmental health.
- Heat stress and heat-related illness.
- Pollution - air.
- Bushfire smoke.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- What is climate change?, Department of Sustainability and Environment, Victorian Government. More information here.
- Climate change impacts on Australia, The Garnaut Climate Change Review. More information here.
- Climate Change Health Check 2020, Doctors for the Environment Australia. More information here.
- Climate change – what you can do, Australian Psychological Society. More information here.
- Measuring the immeasurable: the costs and benefits of climate change, The Garnaut Climate Change Review. More information here.
- Health effects of climate change in the UK 2008: an update of the Department of Health report 2001/2002 [pdf, 4107kb], Department of Health and Health Protection Agency. UK Government. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.