Further information related to this fact sheet: Children - getting them active.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Computer games - health issues.
- Obesity in children - causes.
- Obesity in children - management.
- Physical activity - it's important.
- Walking tips.
Related information on other websites
Heart Foundation - Healthy kids.
Australia’s Physical Activity Recommendations for Children and Young People.
Outdoor Recreation Centre.
Department of Health Victoria, Prevention and Population Health.
References used for this fact sheet
- Be active Australia: a health sector agenda for action on physical activity 2004–2008, Victorian Government Health Information. More information here.
- Kids to get active for an hour a day (2006), Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- Children and physical activity: a systematic review of barriers and facilitators, EPPI-Centre, Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London. More information here.
- Active kids are healthy kids - Australia's Physical Activity Recommendations for 5-12 Year olds (2004) (132kb, pdf), Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.