Further information related to this fact sheet: Cadmium.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Asbestos and your health.
- Environmental health.
- Farm safety - handling agrichemicals.
- Pollution - air.
- Workplace safety - hazardous substances.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Cadmium and compounds, 2005, National Pollutant Inventory, Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, Australian Government. More information here.
- Cadmium, 2002, Public Health Guidance Note, Environmental Health Unit, Public Health Services, Queensland Health. More information here.
- Tucker, PG, 2008, Case studies in environmental medicine (CSEM), Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, USA. More information here.
- Cadmium, Environmental health fact sheet, Illinois Department of Public Health, USA. More information here.
- Cadmium, general information, 2010, Health Protection Agency, UK. More information here.
- Guidelines for health surveillance, 1995, Safe Work Australia. More information here.
- The Australian Total Diet Study, Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ). More information here.
- ToxFAQs™ for Cadmium, 2008, Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry (ATSDR), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.