Further information related to this fact sheet: Alcohol - teenagers.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Alcohol related brain impairment.
- Drink spiking.
- Drugs - some facts.
- Drugs - teenagers.
- Partying safely - tips for teenagers.
- Teenage health.
Related information on other websites
Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing – Alcohol..
National Health and Medical Research Council – Australian guidelines to reduce health risks from drinking alcohol, 2009.
Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne – Centre for Adolescent Health.
Department of Health, Victoria – Alcohol & other drugs services in Victoria: treatment and support.
Parenting Strategies Program - Preventing Adolescent Alcohol Misuse.
Australian Drug Foundation – DrugInfo.
Counselling online: free drug and alcohol counselling 24/7.
Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS).
References used for this fact sheet
- Australian guidelines to reduce health risks from drinking alcohol, 2009, National Health and Medical Research Council. More information here.
- Young people and illegal drugs, Parenting and Child Health, Women's and Children's Health Network, Government of South Australia. More information here.
- White V, Smith G (eds),Victorian secondary school students' use of licit and illicit substances in 2008: results from the 2008 Australian secondary students' alcohol and drug survey, 2009, Victorian Department of Health. More information here.
- Alcohol and health in Australia, National Health and Medical Research Council. More information here.
- Alcohol and your kids: a guide for parents and carers, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. More information here.
- Alcohol and other drugs, VicRoads, State Government of Victoria. More information here.
- Alcohol, other drugs and your teenager, DrugInfo, Australian Drug Foundation. More information here.
- Alcohol facts, DrugInfo, Australian Drug Foundation More information here.
- Road safety statistical summary, 2013, Transport Accident Commission, Victorian Government. More information here.
- Salom C, Watts M, Kinner S, et al., 2005. 'Schoolies Week: research and interventions', Of Substance: The National Magazine on Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs, vol. 3, no. , pp. 26-29.More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.