Better Health Channel
iPhone & iPad AppAnytime, anywhere access to Australia's most trusted and reliable health information. Download the app now and:
- browse our full range of nutritious healthy recipes and create a customised shopping list for when you're next at the store
- access our full range of heath articles on the go (including conditions and treatments, healthy living and relationships and family) and share with family and friends
- conveniently locate health services such as doctors, dentists, pharmacies and physiotherapists wherever you are in Victoria, and
- create personalised health alerts and notifications for heat, UV, smog and pollen.
Find information about health conditions relevant to you.
Extensive information on food and nutrition, physical activity, healthy weight, health checks, immunisation, and reducing alcohol and tobacco consumption
Relationships & Family
Covers an extensive range of topics from pregnancy to parenting, caring for others, and coping with relationship stress
Treatments & First Aid
Find treatment and first aid information to a range of common conditions and injuries.
Find healthy and nutritious recipes for a range of dietry requirements and lifestyle needs (e.g. low salt and sugar) and create customised shopping lists for when you're next at the store.
Find a Health Service in Victoria
Find health services based on your current location in Victoria.
Health alerts and notifications
Personalised alerts for heat, UV, smog and pollen.
Help & Advice
Lists essential health and advice services including Nurse On Call, Kids helpline, Poisons Information, Lifeline and more.
iPhone | iPad
Need help? Have a bug to report? Please visit the Contact us page on Better Health Channel for details.
Don't have an iPhone or iPad?
We've got new versions cooking in a lab for other platforms. In the meantime, you can use our Find a health serivce for mobile web by pointing your smartphone's browser to:
Version 2.0 December 3rd 2012
The Better Health Channel app provides the full compliment of health and medical information from the Better Health Channel to help you take control of your health and wellbeing anytime anywhere. Health service information is provided via the Victorian State Government’s Human Services Directory. Health service providers not already registered can do so at www.humanservicesdirectory.vic.gov.au. The app includes:
- Our full range of heath information articles, including conditions and treatments and their symptoms, management and care, healthy living information about physical activity, healthy weight, health checks and more, and relationships and family articles covering a wide range of topics from pregnancy to parenting, caring for others, and managing stress and conflict
- First aid procedures for a wide range of common injuries - from bites and burns to heat stroke and hypothermia
- Hundreds of healthy and nutritious recipes for a range of dietary requirements and the ability to create customised shopping lists
- Suburb and postcode discovery and detailed map directions to Victorian health service providers such as doctors, dentists, pharmacists and physiotherapists
- Urgent medical help and advice contacts including Nurse On Call, Kids helpline, Poisons Information, Lifeline and more
- Personalised health alerts and notifications for heat, temperature, UV, smog and pollen.
The app aims to help you and those close to you remain healthy, safe and well. It does not however replace professional advice or care provided by medical practitioners and other qualified health professionals.
Connect with usTwitter: http://twitter.com/betterhealthgov
Comments and suggestions: Contact us
Better Health Channel provides Australians with trusted, up to date, reliable and independent health, medical and lifestyle information that is quality assured by the Victorian Government.
The Better Health Channel was established in May 1999 by the Victorian (Australia) State Government and is Australia's leading health, medical and lifestyle information website. It has received a number of awards and has consistently been ranked the No. 1 Health and Medical Website in Australia.
You can contact us via our Contact us page on the Better Health Channel.