Further information related to this fact sheet: Drug overdose.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Drug dependency services.
- Drugs - some facts.
- Emergencies - calling triple zero 000.
- Emergencies - when to call an ambulance.
- Emergencies - who to call in a crisis.
- First aid - basics.
- Medicines - safety issues.
- Partying safely - tips for teenagers.
- Prescription medicines.
Related information on other websites
St John Ambulance Australia.
Victorian Poisons Information Centre.
NPS: Better choices, Better Health.
Victorian Government – Drugs and Alcohol in Victoria.
NPS: Better choices, Better Health - Medicine Update.
References used for this fact sheet
- Drug overdose, Victorian Government Health Information – emergency department factsheets.More information here.
- Introduction to first aid, Parasol EMT Pty Ltd. More information here.
- Living to tell the tale – a user’s guide on heroin overdose (2005), NSW Users & AIDS Association. More information here.
- Using paracetamol or ibuprofen, Children, Parenting and Child Health, Children Youth and Women’s Health Service, South Australia. More information here.
- The effects of individual analgesics, DrugInfo, Australian Drug Foundation. More information here.
- Acetaminophen overdose (2011), MedlinePlus, US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.