Further information related to this fact sheet: Drug overdose.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Drug dependency services.
- Drugs - some facts.
- Emergencies - calling triple zero 000.
- Emergencies - when to call an ambulance.
- Emergencies - who to call in a crisis.
- First aid - basics.
- Medicines - safety issues.
- Partying safely - tips for teenagers.
- Prescription medicines.
Related information on other websites
St John Ambulance Australia.
Victorian Poisons Information Centre.
NPS: Better choices, Better Health.
Victorian Government – Drugs and Alcohol in Victoria.
NPS: Better choices, Better Health - Medicine Update.
References used for this fact sheet
- Drug overdose, Victorian Government Health Information – emergency department factsheets.More information here.
- Using paracetamol or ibuprofen, Children, Parenting and Child Health, Children Youth and Women’s Health Service, South Australia. More information here.
- Acetaminophen overdose (2011), MedlinePlus, US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health. More information here.
- Naloxone, 2013, DrugInfo, Australian Drug Foundation. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.